Assistant Scientist, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Massachusetts Eye and Ear
Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School
Director, Gene Transfer Vector Core (GTVC)
Associate Director, Ocular Genomics Institute (OGI)
Investigator, Berman-Gund Laboratory for Retinal Degenerations, Howe Laboratory
Affiliate Faculty, Harvard Stem Cell Institute
Research in the Vandenberghe Lab is focused on developing and translating genetic therapies to the clinic with an emphasis on blindness and other neurosensory disorders. We aim at defining, characterizing and overcoming hurdles on the path of gene therapies to clinical applications through
- The study of the biology of, and host response to genetic therapy.
- The development of enabling gene transfer technologies.
- The translation of specific therapeutic programs.
More information here
- 2010-2012 : Jean Bennett, MD PhD, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, PA
- 2007-2010 : James M. Wilson, MD PhD, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, PA
- Ph.D.: 'The Structural Basis of AAV as a gene therapeutic', Molecular Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- 2002-2007 : Zeger Debyser, MD PhD, Veerle Baekelandt, PhD (KULeuven) and James M. Wilson, MD PhD (UPenn)
- Visiting Scholar
- 2001-2002 : James Riley, PhD and Carl June, MD
- B.Sc & M.Sc. : Biological Engineering in Cellular and Genetic Biotechnology (KULeuven, Belgium)
20 Staniford Street
Boston MA 02114